About ten percent of our graduate student body is made up of international students from around the globe. They join a community that is welcoming and respectful of each individual’s background and culture.

In order to study at Bryant, international students must obtain a student visa. To be eligible for a student visa, you must apply and be accepted to one of our graduate programs.

Upon Acceptance

Congratulations on being admitted to Bryant University!  

Your next steps

Step 1: Make your enrollment deposit
Step 2: Send us your completed Certification of Finances (.pdf)
Step 3: Begin the I-20 process by downloading this request form (.pdf)

Begin making arrangements to book your plane tickets as soon as you have submitted these documents. The nearest airport is the Providence T.F. Green International Airport.


There are limited on-campus housing opportunities for graduate students; most choose to rent a room or apartment in Smithfield or Providence.


The public bus system Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) is the main way students without cars travel around the area. Bus No. 52 goes from the Smithfield campus to downtown Providence regularly. Other major transportation hubs include Providence T.F. Green International Airport , the Amtrak and MBTA commuter rail station in Providence, and the bus terminal in Providence.

Employment while at Bryant

International students are not allowed to work off campus during their first year of study. However, there are two types of part-time employment opportunities on campus:

  • Graduate assistantships: These competitive positions offer the opportunity to work with an academic department providing research services in exchange for tuition remission.
  • Working on campus: A limited number of opportunities may be available in any given year after full-time eligible undergraduates from the U.S. are placed.

Post-graduate employment

The Optional Practical Training (OPT) program allows international students who are in the U.S. with an F1 student visa to be employed in a field directly related to their course of study for a period of one year after graduating. If you are interested in pursuing OPT opportunities, contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) shortly after arriving on campus to find out about important deadlines and paperwork and to secure eligibility.


The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) advocates for international students and their educational pursuits. It is responsible for compliance with immigration regulations for the University and serves as the home of the Multicultural Student Union and the International Student Organization.

The Amica Center for Career Education offers a wide array of services, programs and resources to assist with every aspect of career development.

Course Catalog

Apply Now