The Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc)
Information sessions: Learn more about Bryant's graduate programs. Faculty, staff and advisors will be available. All sessions are drop-in unless otherwise noted. No appointment is required.
- Graduate Programs Office1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI
Bryant University’s AACSB-accredited programs combine the latest in business theory with essential management skills that will advance your career.
The Bryant Master of Professional Accountancy (MPAc) provides participating students with the distinct advantage of cutting edge knowledge and skills that are necessary to succeed in today’s competitive business environment. We also offer the MPAc with a tax concentration. The MPAc/MPAc-Tax degree can be completed in as little two terms and provides the necessary 150 hours required to sit for the CPA exam, while preparing you for lifelong success in the field of accounting. Classes are delivered simultaneously in the classroom and online.
Why pursue your MPAc/MPAc-Tax at Bryant?
- 100 percent career placement in national and regional accounting firms
- Curriculum aligns with the industry best practices that are necessary to excel in your career
- Extensive national and regional alumni networks
- Financial and managerial accounting
- Two semesters of intermediate accounting
- Advanced financial accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Cost management/accounting
Required: Individual Income Taxation; Sales, Exchanges and Other Dispositions; Corporations and Shareholders; and Partnership Income Tax Problems.
Electives: Advanced Assurance and Professional Oversight; Corporate Governance in the 21st Century; Project Management for Accounting Leadership; Advanced Accounting Information Systems; Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting; Accounting Theory; Multinational Accounting; Research and Communication; Management Control Systems; and Accounting for Income Taxes
tuition information for 2017-2018 academic year
MPAc (10 courses)
- $3,528 per course
Preparing for MPAc Success fee
To be eligible for preferred consideration for a scholarship, you must apply by these dates:
- Fall intake: Submit complete application by April 30
- Spring intake: Submit complete application by Nov. 30
- Summer intake: Submit complete application by March 31
Examples from the MPAc curriculum
|Preparing for MPAc Success (weekend bootcamp)||Required|
| Advanced Assurances and Professional Oversight
| Corporate Governance in the 21st Century
| Project Management for Accounting Leadership
| Advanced Accounting Information Systems
| Government and Not-for-Profit Accounting
| Accounting Theory
| Multinational Accounting
| Research and Communication
| Management Control Systems
| Accounting for Income Taxes