The Master of Arts in Communication (MACom)
Arts & Sciences
Information sessions: Learn more about Bryant's graduate programs. Faculty, staff and advisors will be available. All sessions are drop-in unless otherwise noted. No appointment is required.There are currently no available information sessions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Career success – 100% of our graduates have landed a job either before or soon after graduating from the program.
- Flexibility to pursue your passion and specialization – Only two of ten courses are prerequisites, which allows the freedom to create a program for your chosen path. Directed studies, guided practicums, and research projects are encouraged.
- World-class faculty – Our full-time professors are renowned, award-winning leaders in their specializations. They are well connected within the field and community, holding prestigious leadership positions as journal editors, conference organizers, and officers in national and international organizations.
The Master of Arts in Communication (MACom) will set you apart from peers by helping you master the full complement of communication skills that employers demand – and that will enable you to start an exciting career, enhance your abilities, or make a complete career change.
Bryant's MACom allows you to specialize in either Organizational Communication, Health Communication, or an individually tailored area of study designed for your particular interests. No matter what your undergraduate degree is in – and regardless of whether you are just beginning your career or someone with work experience – you will learn through a program that draws on the newest theories, concepts, and research in the field of Communication.
The Bryant MACom is designed to help you succeed. We understand that each student has unique needs and experiences. As such, the program offers three avenues for the satisfaction of the completing experience:
- The thesis option requires the conduct of original scholarly research that advances knowledge of communication
- The culminating project examines a job- or career-based communication problem and, using knowledge and experience from the program of study, offers solutions;
- Comprehensive exams require students to complete several hours of rigorous written teating,
Each has significant benefit given the student's motivation for earning the MACom
Bryant Masters in Communication
Examples from the curriculum
|Communication Research Methods and Statistics||Required|
| Comprehensive Exams OR Culminating Experience
| Health Communication
*Required for those in Health Communication track; otherwise, an elective
| Organizational Communication
*Required for those in Organizational Communication track; otherwise, an elective
|Conflict Management and Negotiation in Organizations||Elective|
|Communication in Small Groups: Applied Theory||Elective|
|Media Effects Theory and Research||Elective|
|Communication, Persuasion, and Social Influence||Elective|
|Ethical Public Communication||Elective|
|Culture, Diversity, and Communication||Elective|
|Risk and Crisis Communication||Elective|
|Community-based Campaigns and Health||Elective|
|Special Topics in Communication||Elective|
|Graduate Practicum in Communication||Elective|
|Directed Study in Communication||Elective|