The Master of Science in Applied Economics (MSAE)
Arts & Sciences
Information session: Learn more about graduate certificate and degree programs that prepare you to for employment as a researcher, analyst, consultant, and more in private and public enterprises.
The innovative and immersive Master of Science in Applied Economics (MSAE) focuses on practical career applications of economics knowledge and expertise. It will qualify you for employment as an economic researcher, analyst, consultant, and other positions in a wide variety of private and public enterprises.
Why pursue your Master's in Applied Economics at Bryant?
- Enhance and apply your expertise in a real-world setting through integrated experiential learning (full- or part-time internship aligned with your career path).
- Elective courses available through high-touch eLearning (online).
- Built-in flexibility: the time required to complete the MSAE depends entirely on your preferred pace.
- Inspiring faculty with deep and broad practical experience in the field.
- The Center for Global & Regional Economic Studies at Bryant University provides additional opportunities to collaborate with faculty, business and government.
MSAE graduates will be prepared to successfully participate in a growing and high-paying labor market: A recent search on Indeed.com identified thousands of jobs available with a starting salary of $80,000 or more for individuals with a master’s degree in economics. A large share of those jobs are in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New York. Those who earn master’s degrees typically earn $600,000 more throughout their careers ompared to individuals holding only bachelor’s degrees.
Upon completion of the degree you will be able to :
- research and analyze economic and business problems;
- prepare reports and present research results;
- interpret and forecast market trends;
- design policies and make recommendations for solving economic and business problems;
- understand the economic and business implications of important domestic and international issues related to trade policy, poverty, the environment, development, and others.
- $27,960 ($932 per credit hour)
Examples from the curriculum
| Foundations of Quantative Analysis (online)
|Applied Econometrics for Business and Policy||Required|
|Advanced Applied Microeconomics||Required|
| Advanced Applied Macroeconomics
| Labor Economics
| Economics of Health and Medical Care
| Economic Impact and Evaluation: Methods and Practice (online)
|Professional Economic Analyses and Reporting (online)||Elective|
|Applied Public Policy
| Experiential Learning in Applied Economics (graduate practicum)
|Directed Study in Applied Economics
|Corporate Governance in the 21st Century
|Analytics Methods and Applications
|Data Mining and Predictative Analytics
|Ethical Public Communication
|Culminating Experience (MSAE students can satisfy this requirement by completing a master's paper or professional report)